play my favourite song.
Friday, December 28, 2007
I kept thinking.. give me at least a B for placement so at least I can do my advanced placement! Now that I got it, it is still not enough because the places offered were not where I wanted to do my advanced at. I wanted perhaps MINDS or elderly setting but both weren't offered. I had to make do with medical setting (at TTSH btw) and MCYS cause' I didn't want to work in a FSC setting again. However, these places aren't where I would work in the future I believe.. Checked the bidding results I got my 3rd choice when my 1st choice is still available. Actually both choices are at the Care and Counseling department at TTSH just that my supervisor would be the Principal SW and the other the Senior SW. I would prefer the Senior SW cause' I believe the earlier would be really busy that she (or he?) would not have the time for me. Another reason would be that the latter gave a really detailed description of what we would be doing and me, liking structures, would definitely be more attracted to it. Whatever, shall see how it goes. Oh, and poor Qingling actually got Clementi when there is still spaces for medical (her 1st 2 choices). I totally have no idea how the bidding system works. Like CORS, this lousy bidding system sucks and doesn't feels fair.

Feeling ambivalent regarding my placement results. Hmm, but I will still go for it cause' I believe that I learn so much more from placement then I ever do from all the lectures and tutorials. Also, learning about the hospital setting, the procedures, policies and stuff is very useful I feel. OK, after using CBT on myself I feel much better.

I believe CORS bidding would be another headache. And it sucks big time!